Thursday, January 6, 2011

What a Beautiful Day....

Sometimes, the smallest things just make you sigh with beauty....

Today, I went outside at work for a smoke break.  It's absolutely beautiful weather here in Texas this week, highs in the 60's, not a cloud in the sky, sunshine showers everywhere, and the sky is this incredible turquoise blue---the color of boat wake when you're out in the middle of the ocean. 

I finished my smoke and was walking back in, when I saw an oak leaf twirling high up in the sky, far above the tops of the trees across the street.  Slowly spinning, it made its way across the sky, spinning its little heart out for my entertainment.  Occasionally, it floated, skipping down the sky on invisible stairsteps.  Then, it would twirl again, vertically, gently making its way down from above.  It was so hypnotic, I stood on the sidewalk transfixed, wondering if it would ever touch down.  For probably more than a minute, I watched as it made its slow, gliding, and twirling descent to a final and distinct click! on the side walk in front of our building.

I looked at it for a moment, then just looked back up at the heavens and said thank you.

love to all those i love who love me back,
allison

No comments:

Post a Comment