Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Marriage

My friend, Gail, posted a poem today that reminded me of this one.  I wrote this one several years ago and it is dedicated to my Max.

Marriage


What
Can be……
This thing that was two
Is one for so long it has forgotten
When it was two,
To be apart
In separation.
Fibers twisted firmly through and through
And around and around
And over and under
And between.
Glued with luscious melding of flesh
And immeasurable depth of kindness
And tolerance defined in trust.
And somewhere deep within the
Jungle of its – their – a – being
Some semblance of a conscious
Never fading always demanding
Integration of soul
Sometimes makes the two wonder
How the one was born
Makes the two remember
The bitter loneliness of one
Makes the two thankful
For what the one begat
Makes the two cognizant
Aware
grateful
for this living definition
Of love.

love to all those who love me,
allison

2 comments: